As we round out the last Solar Tech Talk of 2022, Aaron Bingham and Tiernay Marsh, two of BayWa r.e.’s resident solar experts, look at the impacts of legislation and technology on the solar market. First, they bring us all up to speed on the California net metering decision set to go public mid-December. Then, they sit down with solar modules supply experts from JA Solar to discuss the next steps in wafer technology and the current availability of panels.
Watch or listen to the recording below:
Highlights from This Episode:
California Net Metering – What’s to come?
Aaron and Tiernay start off the episode with a review of big actions on net metering coming down the line for California. The new NEM 3.0 legislation is expected to pass mid-December and will be a big damper on the residential solar market. This is such an important conversation for all solar installers to be watching.
Help Support Solar in the Golden State – Get involved with California Solar and Storage Association now: https://calssa.org/nemaction.
Learn more about NEM 3:
- Five takeaways from California NEM 3.0 remix – by Solar Builder
- How drastically California NEM 3.0 reduces solar energy export rates – by Solar Builder
- Solar NEM tariffs are under threat nationwide – by Energy Toolbase
- California revised NEM 3.0 proposal removes fees, but cuts average export rates 75 percent – by Solar Builder
- Sign up for our newsletter to get regular updates on topics like this from the BayWa r.e. team: Subscribe here.
A Conversation with Solar Module Experts at JA Solar
In the main highlight of the episode, Tiernay and Aaron are joined by experts from JA Solar, an international solar module manufacturer that partners closely with BayWa r.e. to bring top-tier products to solar installers. Recently, JA started offering residential solar modules and the group dives into what this means for the market, installers, and homeowners.
Check out the discussion in the recording for a deep dive into:
- JA’s higher efficiency modules for home solar systems
- The evolution of larger wafer design and how it promotes efficiency
- How JA is reducing the degradation of their solar modules
- What you need to know when designing with the S31 series JA modules
- How JA modules easily adapt to different rail sizing and clamping
- The strong supply of modules now and what is expected in the future
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems LLC supplies residential and commercial solar installers in the United States with quality solar + storage components, forecasting, business planning advice, and a community of experts. Visit www.solar-distribution.com to read our industry insights articles and stream our Solar Tech Talk and Solar Town Hall podcasts on YouTube and Spotify. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to stay connected. Ask us about our Split Pay financing program and use our industry-leading Webstore to save time, get gear shipped, and get jobs done! Part of the BayWa r.e. Global family of renewable energy companies.