While none of us know yet the impacts of the COVID-19 virus on our businesses and industry, we want to prepare for lowered demand. On this page, we will be posting resources, articles, podcasts, videos, trainings and more, to help support resilient and strong companies into the future.
Be sure to stay in close contact with your BayWa r.e. sales manager to keep your forecast current and address any supply questions.
Podcast – Coronavirus, Disruptors, and Solar Resilience
Panel Discussion: How to Make Money Selling Storage
From BayWa's 2019 Business Leadership Summit: Topics include the economics of storage, energy security, backup power, setting customer expectations, and more
Our manufacturer partners have a wealth of valuable product training content.
If you can’t be out there going door-to-door, now might be a great time to brush up on your web and social marketing.
Here are some webinars, articles, and podcasts that we created with the marketing experts at EnergyCircle, on how to develop and optimize your web, email, and social media marketing.
Continue the Sales Conversation
Often the focus is on new customer acquisition, but now may be a good time to check in with past customers.
Here are some ideas and questions you might ask yourself:
- How long ago did you complete a customer’s install?
- Is there any maintenance you can offer them?
- Maybe start a conversation about a system update and the benefits they would receive from doing that.
- Are some of your past customers good candidates for a storage retrofit?
- Now might be a good time to talk about resiliency and increasing the benefit of their existing PV system by adding storage.
- If you provide other energy efficiency services, think about putting together a call campaign to reach out and help past customers find additional ways to lower their energy bills.
- Review your marketing messaging. Is there room to make adjustments to put greater emphasis on the importance of lower energy costs over the long-term and the value of solar?
- Do you have reliable and attractive financing options for customers who feel uncertain about the economy and are hesitant to make any large cash purchases right now? (BayWa r.e. can help you with this.)
- Consider setting up a good system for video sales calls, in place of in-home visits.