Every few weeks, a member of the BayWa r.e. team sits down with Chris Crowell of Solar Builder in our PowerForward! series partnership.
What went wrong for the solar industry in 2023? Did anything go right? What can we expect in 2024 in terms of residential solar demand and solar panel supply? What should solar installers be cautious about? What opportunities should they seize? We discuss with David Dunlap, VP of Product Strategy at BayWa r.e.:
- 0:26 – What defined the year in solar in 2023?
- 2:26 – What did we miss in our 2023 projections this time last year?
- 4:05 – Update on UFLPA detentions / 2024 supply outlook
- 6:37 – Residential solar demand forecasts
- 9:19 – Questions solar installers should ask themselves right now
- 11:07 – New opportunities to keep an eye on? Electrification.
- 12:45 – How worried should California installers be right now?
Ready to Connect?
PowerForward!: a Partnership between BayWa r.e. and Solar Builder
We bring our industry expertise together to help solar installers build their businesses.
Solar Tech Talk Podcast Series
Product manager nerds by day, solar products podcast hosts by night – BayWa r.e. brings on leading industry experts to talk residential and commercial solar equipment, the latest solar news, and big ideas for our U.S. contractor community.
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems LLC supplies residential and commercial solar installers in the United States with quality solar + storage components, forecasting, business planning advice, and a community of experts. Visit www.solar-distribution.com to read our industry insights articles and stream our Solar Tech Talk and Solar Town Hall podcasts on YouTube and Spotify. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to stay connected. Ask us about our Split Pay financing program and use our industry-leading Webstore to save time, get gear shipped, and get jobs done! Part of the BayWa r.e. Global family of renewable energy companies.