Saturday, March 28, 2020
We are all facing a great deal of uncertainty and ambiguity. We are doing our best to gather relevant information and share it with our customers and partners in a timely way.
Here is some information that is current and relevant as of today.
Weekly Town Hall – Thursday, April 2 @ 9 am PT | Register HERE
- We will again be bringing together industry experts, solar contractors and others in solar to discuss the top issues and impacts we are all experiencing.
Weekly Mindfulness Session – Friday, April 3 @ 11:30 am PT | Register HERE
- BayWa r.e. Solar Systems has had “health” as a core value since our inception. Business health and personal health. In supporting one another through these challenging times, we are opening up this weekly mindfulness practice to anyone who wants to join and take part in some facilitated breathing and meditative time.
We have been in close contact with our manufacturer partners throughout the year and feel that our available supply along with inbound POs is solid. At this point, we do not have any concerns about our ability to provide product.
So far, we are business as usual. We are in close contact with our warehouses and carriers on an almost hourly basis. We are watching carefully the guidelines coming out from local jurisdictions in case those should impact our abilities to continue to move goods.
We were already a 75% remote workforce, so the shift to have 100% of our employees remote was simple and seamless. All of our internal business processes and communications tools were built to support remote employees. That means our full staff, from sales to customer service to returns and transit, are all on the job and available to support our customers.
Given that this has been our model for some time already, we will soon be publishing some information about our lessons learned and suggestions. If you are seeking advice before we get that out, let us know and we can set up a call for you with someone on our team.
Our team has been following the recommendations from this McKinsey COVID-19 report We have a daily town hall to check in with employees, stay connected and support one another. For any employees who feel sick or need time off to care for children or family members, we have an unlimited PTO policy. We have a core cross-functional team within BayWa r.e. Solar Systems that is meeting twice a day to stay on top of this crisis to the best of our abilities, and we also have cross-regional teams set up so that we can share information from around the world. Our finance team is maintaining liquidity status, we continue to keep our supply chain secure, and through this communication as well as other means, we hope to stay close to our customers. We have many in-house experts on a broad range of topics who are happy to talk to our customers. Please let me know how we can best support you.
Business Assistance, Information and Resources
- Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters:
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA: Workplace Information on Coronavirus
- Small Business Admininstration Coronavirus Resources
Industry-Specific News and Resources
- SEIA – Shelter in Place Orders: What Solar Companies Need to Know
- SEIA – Coronavirus Information & Resources
- CALSSA – AHJ database on no-touch permitting
- CALSSA – COVID-19 Resource Blog
- Greentech Media – Live Coronavirus Blog: The Impact on Clean Energy
- PV Magazine – Guide to installing residential solar amid a pandemic
Sales and Training
Last week, our team pulled together a list of trainings and sales ideas that could be helpful if your team is facing downtime. You can check those out HERE.
Health and Wellness
Harvard Business Review – That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief