Friday, April 17, 2020
We are all facing a great deal of uncertainty and ambiguity. We are doing our best to gather relevant information and share it with our customers and partners in a timely way.
Here is some information that is current and relevant as of today.
Weekly Town Hall – Wednesday, April 22 @ 9 am PT | Register HERE
We will again be bringing together industry experts, solar contractors and others in solar to discuss the top issues and impacts we are all experiencing.
Weekly Mindfulness Session – Friday, April 24 @ 8:30 am PT | Register HERE
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems has had “health” as a core value since our inception, that includes personal health not only business health. As we continue to strive to support one another through these challenging times, we’d like to invite you to join us Friday mornings for a mindfulness practice led by a different member of our team each week.
Operations Status: 100%
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems is operating at full capacity, all our warehouses and logistics are up and running, and all our staff around the country are online and ready to assist you.
Business Assistance, Information and Resources
- Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters:
- How To Get Your Business Loan Forgiven
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA: Workplace Information on Coronavirus
- Small Business Admininstration Coronavirus Resources
- CSSA – Paycheck Protection Grants for Small Businesses
- SolarEdge Webinar – Employment Tax Considerations in Response to COVID-19
Industry-Specific News and Resources
- Department of Homeland Security – Updated Guidance: Solar Installation Called Out in the ‘Electricity Industry’ Section as an Essential Service
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration COVID-19 Resources
- SEIA – Updated Analysis of COVID-19 Shelter in Place Orders
- SEIA – Coronavirus Information & Resources
- CALSSA – Two ways you can help building departments adopt no-touch permitting
- CALSSA – COVID-19 Resource Blog
- Greentech Media – Live Coronavirus Blog: The Impact on Clean Energy
- PV Magazine – Guide to installing residential solar amid a pandemic
- NABCEP – Apply for an extension on your NABCEP Board Certified re-certifications and Associate renewals
Sales and Training
Our team pulled together a list of trainings and sales ideas that could be helpful if your team is facing downtime. You can check those out HERE.
Health and Wellness
Harvard Business Review – That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief
Our COVID Response Efforts
Our team has been following the recommendations from this McKinsey COVID-19 report We have a daily town hall to check in with employees, stay connected and support one another. For any employees who feel sick or need time off to care for children or family members, we have an unlimited PTO policy. We have a core cross-functional team within BayWa r.e. Solar Systems that is meeting twice a day to stay on top of this crisis to the best of our abilities, and we also have cross-regional teams set up so that we can share information from around the world. Our finance team is maintaining liquidity status, we continue to keep our supply chain secure, and through this communication as well as other means, we hope to stay close to our customers.
We have many in-house experts on a broad range of topics who are happy to talk to our customers. Please let us know how we can best support you.